Whitewater Technician Course
The course is spread over three days. It will take place at Castleconnell and the Clare Glens. The course is an internationally recognised rescue qualification. We can only take 8 people per course, but if we have a lot of interest we can speak to the instructors in running another course a different weekend.
The course will cost between 120-170 euros per person, so start saving now. A final price will be given closer to the time.
Course content is both classroom and river-based and will include:
- Hydrology and water dynamics
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification & risk assessment
- Introduction to rope systems
- Swimming in moving water
- Medical considerations
- Foot and body entrapments
- Scene management
- Contact and in-water rescues
- Two and Four point boat and rope system
- Crossing techniques
- Boat pins and entrapments
Level 3 skilled kayaker with basic knot knowledge and a good swimmer.